Kerk en staat: Die optimum verhouding vir godsdiensvryheid
Keywords:church law, church government, state, freedom of religion
AbstractSome of the most important questions that church law and church government has to answer in our time regards the relationship between church and state and freedom of religion. This article looks at the inevitability of a church state relationship, tries to give a working definition for freedom of religion and looks at various models for a church state relationship in order to identify an optimum relationship for freedom of religion.
Copyright of all NGTT material belongs to the Pieter de Waal Neethling Trust (PDWN Trust). The PDWN Trust is a trust fund established in 1932 with the aim of promoting quality theological research and publications.
The PDWN Trust pledges to maintain a legitimate scholarly record of the author’s work and to defend the author’s article against plagiarism and copyright infringement.
The PDWN Trust is committed to full Open Source publishing. This means that all articles published in NGTT will gradually be made freely available online. Authors maintain the right to:
- Share and self-archive their work.
- Make printed copies of their article for educational use.
- Present their article at a meeting or conference and distribute printed copies of the article
- Adapt and expand their published journal article to make it suitable for their thesis or dissertation.
- Republish the article (ensuring that the original article is cited as published in NGTT).
For any questions or queries in this regard, please contact the Editor.