Nie-kerkraadslede op sinodes?
AbstractOnly the members of a consistory delegated to synod?The author discusses the possibility that confessional members of congregations who are not members of their consistories, may also be delegated to join major assemblies and, specifically, synods in the denomination. The question is alternatively approached from a church historical and a church political angle. The conclusion is that the same standard which should be applied in the election of members of consistories, should be applied in the delegation of members of major assemblies, namely ability for the job at hand. The practical situation, however, could show that consistories normally have people capable of taking up the responsibilities of major assemblies in their midst so that the delegation of a member from outside the consistory would be an exception.
Copyright of all NGTT material belongs to the Pieter de Waal Neethling Trust (PDWN Trust). The PDWN Trust is a trust fund established in 1932 with the aim of promoting quality theological research and publications.
The PDWN Trust pledges to maintain a legitimate scholarly record of the author’s work and to defend the author’s article against plagiarism and copyright infringement.
The PDWN Trust is committed to full Open Source publishing. This means that all articles published in NGTT will gradually be made freely available online. Authors maintain the right to:
- Share and self-archive their work.
- Make printed copies of their article for educational use.
- Present their article at a meeting or conference and distribute printed copies of the article
- Adapt and expand their published journal article to make it suitable for their thesis or dissertation.
- Republish the article (ensuring that the original article is cited as published in NGTT).
For any questions or queries in this regard, please contact the Editor.