Kosmos, kerk en eschaton: In gesprek met Flip Theron
Keywords:cosmos, church, eschaton, gnosticism, Manicheism, docetism
AbstractCosmos, church and eschaton: in conversation with Flip Theron This article enters into a conversation with Flip Theron, a former professor of systematic theology at Stellenbosch University, regarding his views on the relationship between cosmos, church and eschaton. The first section offers a brief summary of Theron’s position, based especially on his doctoral dissertation. The second section raises a number of questions on the theological roots of his views on the church as paroikia. A third section continues the conversation by exploring the theological dangers of docetism, Manicheism and gnosticism.
Copyright of all NGTT material belongs to the Pieter de Waal Neethling Trust (PDWN Trust). The PDWN Trust is a trust fund established in 1932 with the aim of promoting quality theological research and publications.
The PDWN Trust pledges to maintain a legitimate scholarly record of the author’s work and to defend the author’s article against plagiarism and copyright infringement.
The PDWN Trust is committed to full Open Source publishing. This means that all articles published in NGTT will gradually be made freely available online. Authors maintain the right to:
- Share and self-archive their work.
- Make printed copies of their article for educational use.
- Present their article at a meeting or conference and distribute printed copies of the article
- Adapt and expand their published journal article to make it suitable for their thesis or dissertation.
- Republish the article (ensuring that the original article is cited as published in NGTT).
For any questions or queries in this regard, please contact the Editor.