Die lang pad van bekering. Deel 3. Die Reformasie se reaksie op die verval van die kategumenaat en doop- en leringspraktyke in die Middeleeuse Kerk
Keywords:Baptism, Confirmation, Lering, Reformation,
AbstractIn this third part of our series on the catechumenate we will be giving an historical overview of how the Reformation reacted to the situation in the Roman Catholic Church regarding baptism, catechesis and confirmation. We will concentrate on the work of four reformers, to wit Luther, Zwingli, Calvin and Bucer. At this stage in the history of the church it becomes necessary to look at baptism, confirmation as well as teaching in order to grasp the reforme’s reaction to this ritual-didactic need.
Copyright of all NGTT material belongs to the Pieter de Waal Neethling Trust (PDWN Trust). The PDWN Trust is a trust fund established in 1932 with the aim of promoting quality theological research and publications.
The PDWN Trust pledges to maintain a legitimate scholarly record of the author’s work and to defend the author’s article against plagiarism and copyright infringement.
The PDWN Trust is committed to full Open Source publishing. This means that all articles published in NGTT will gradually be made freely available online. Authors maintain the right to:
- Share and self-archive their work.
- Make printed copies of their article for educational use.
- Present their article at a meeting or conference and distribute printed copies of the article
- Adapt and expand their published journal article to make it suitable for their thesis or dissertation.
- Republish the article (ensuring that the original article is cited as published in NGTT).
For any questions or queries in this regard, please contact the Editor.