“Die regverdige sal uit die geloof lewe.” Oor die kritiese funksie van die leer van die regverdiging van die goddelose
Keywords:Critical (criteriological) Ecumenical, Faith (of Christ) In Christ, Justification Unity of church,
AbstractThis commemorative lecture deals with the fundamental doctrine of the Reformation that was of prime importance in the oeuvre of Willie Jonker i. e. the doctrine of justification. The article highlights the criteriolocal (respectively: ecumenical) character of this doctrine. In the process special attention is paid to the Greek expression pistis Christou. The pivotal role of this doctrine with regard to the unity of the church, which occupied Jonker’s thinking for many decades, is indicated.
Copyright of all NGTT material belongs to the Pieter de Waal Neethling Trust (PDWN Trust). The PDWN Trust is a trust fund established in 1932 with the aim of promoting quality theological research and publications.
The PDWN Trust pledges to maintain a legitimate scholarly record of the author’s work and to defend the author’s article against plagiarism and copyright infringement.
The PDWN Trust is committed to full Open Source publishing. This means that all articles published in NGTT will gradually be made freely available online. Authors maintain the right to:
- Share and self-archive their work.
- Make printed copies of their article for educational use.
- Present their article at a meeting or conference and distribute printed copies of the article
- Adapt and expand their published journal article to make it suitable for their thesis or dissertation.
- Republish the article (ensuring that the original article is cited as published in NGTT).
For any questions or queries in this regard, please contact the Editor.