A missional understanding of the church, its ministry, especially with regards to its Christ centric liturgical reorientation
Keywords:Liturgical reorientation, Missional congregations, Missional ecclesiology, Missional Ministry, Missional Theology,
AbstractThis article shows the necessary shift in missional thinking from the functional approach in most congregational studies to create purpose and consumer driven congregations to a foundational approach based on the church being an agent of the missio dei. This switch in rethinking the essential, basic missional identity of the church necessitates a rethinking of
Copyright of all NGTT material belongs to the Pieter de Waal Neethling Trust (PDWN Trust). The PDWN Trust is a trust fund established in 1932 with the aim of promoting quality theological research and publications.
The PDWN Trust pledges to maintain a legitimate scholarly record of the author’s work and to defend the author’s article against plagiarism and copyright infringement.
The PDWN Trust is committed to full Open Source publishing. This means that all articles published in NGTT will gradually be made freely available online. Authors maintain the right to:
- Share and self-archive their work.
- Make printed copies of their article for educational use.
- Present their article at a meeting or conference and distribute printed copies of the article
- Adapt and expand their published journal article to make it suitable for their thesis or dissertation.
- Republish the article (ensuring that the original article is cited as published in NGTT).
For any questions or queries in this regard, please contact the Editor.